It wasn’t too long ago that Ford confirmed the special-edition 2022 Bronco Everglades and Bronco Nation had some in-person time with the SUV. Since then, the other limited-edition vehicle of this summer has taken center stage: the Bronco Raptor. But, the focus is off that desert beast and on a vehicle set to tackle a new terrain, the Bronco Everglades has been revealed.
View this post on Instagram
- The 2022 Ford Bronco Everglades slides into the trim levels between Black Diamond and Outer Banks. The price starts at $53,000 plus $1,495 destination and delivery charges.
- Everglades comes in a 4-door model with molded-in-color (MIC) hard top, 2.3L EcoBoost engine, and 10-speed automatic transmission.
- G.O.A.T. Modes are Normal, Eco, Sport, Slippery, Mud/Ruts, Sand, and Rock Crawl.
- Standard on Everglades is the Sasquatch package, a ZEON 10-S WARN winch, and, of course, the factory-installed snorkel. Washout flooring, marine-grade vinyl, the safari bar, rock rails also come standard, as do the same steel bash plates found on Black Diamond and Badlands.
- The Everglades has a water fording capability of 36.4 inches, approximately 3″ more than the current 33.5″ of a Sasquatch Bronco.
- A new exclusive color is available: Desert Sand. Urban Green is Everglades’ accent color for interior details. Other exterior colors available for Everglades are Eruption Green, Area 51, Shadow Black and Cactus Gray. A graphics package is available for the front fenders.
- Body differences include squared-off front and rear wheel arches with matching Sasquatch-width fender flares, and a Carbonized Gray grille with gloss black Bronco lettering. Everglades also features Carbonized Gray-painted alloy wheels.
- Ordering begins in March, exclusively for unscheduled order holders and unconverted reservation holders.
A Special-Edition Bronco Engineered and Outfitted to Take on Extreme Adventures
For off-roaders looking to go further off the grid, Ford today is debuting the new 2022 Ford Bronco Everglades special edition – an SUV born to breathe when the air gets thick and designed to press on when the trail turns others around.
For decades, Bronco SUVs have traversed remote locations with G.O.A.T. – Goes Over Any Type of Terrain – mentality. Bronco Everglades, available as a four-door model, takes that spirit to the next level with confidence-building, factory-installed features such as a snorkel, integrated front bumper-mounted winch**, and all the off-road equipment in the Bronco Sasquatch Package.
“Bronco customers like to explore new places, but some want to go even further off the trail than others,” said Jolanta Coffey, Bronco chief engineer. “Everglades is specially equipped to enable these customers to tackle even more challenging terrains and trails – and with the front bumper-mounted winch, they can help others out of trouble while they’re at it.”
Bronco Everglades packed with rugged off-road hardware
Bronco Everglades introduces a class-exclusive signature snorkel. Designed and engineered by Ford, the snorkel – which runs up the passenger-side A-pillar – optimizes vehicle performance in dust, snow and water by raising the engine air intake above nasty trail conditions. Its design uses two easy-to-swap plates to change the direction of the inlet based on trail and weather conditions.
“Bronco enthusiasts demand style as well as performance, so we challenged ourselves to create a snorkel with high-end function and a look that really suits the vehicle,” said Ryan Olsson, design manager. “What really sets the Everglades snorkel apart is the head and reversible intake. It completely changes the way a snorkel can look and function.”
Front and rear axles, transfer case and transmission also offer raised vents for improved water fording. Combined, these design changes lead to water fording capability of 36.4 inches.
For situations when Bronco Everglades or another vehicle needs extra traction beyond what the tires and engine can provide, a heavy-duty modular front bumper by Ford Performance with ZEON 10-S WARN winch – featuring 10,000-pound capability† and a 100-foot synthetic line – is ready to help. Everglades also comes standard with a protective safari bar, rock rails and the same steel bash plates found on Black Diamond and Badlands Bronco models. A unique Carbonized Gray grille with gloss black Bronco lettering enhances its functional appearance.
The Sasquatch Package features 17-inch Carbonized Gray-painted alloy wheels with 35-inch Goodyear mud-terrain tires. Additional exterior appointments include rock rails to protect the lower sills, plus a molded-in-color hardtop and roof rack with crossbars.
Squared wheel arches for a unique Bronco look
The Bronco design team took advantage of the SUV’s patented off-road modular design in creating the Everglades edition, further underscoring how this user-friendly platform can be stripped to its base structure and reconfigured for another new adventure with a different body setup. The vehicle features unique squared front and rear wheel arches with matching Sasquatch-width fender flares.
Unique graphics with Everglades topography deliver style on the front quarter fenders, cleverly paying homage to the tropical wetlands that inspire the vehicle’s name.
Bronco Everglades is easy to clean after a weekend on the trails with standard marine-grade vinyl seats and rubberized washout flooring. New Urban Green accents provide a subtle color touch on grab handles, air register vents and seat stitching.
In addition to mid-package content, Bronco Everglades features a class-exclusive 12-inch SYNC 4 system with Ford Power-Up over-the-air software updates – a unique combination based on customer feedback. Its 2.3-liter EcoBoost delivers 300 horsepower and 325 lb.-ft. of torque†, the most torque from a four-cylinder gas engine in its class, and is paired to a class-exclusive SelectShift 10-speed automatic transmission with advanced 4×4 system and a maximum 67.8:1 crawl ratio.
The new 2022 Bronco Everglades is available in five exterior colors, including Everglades-exclusive low-volume Desert Sand, plus Eruption Green, Area 51, Shadow Black and Cactus Gray.
Bronco Everglades will join the Bronco lineup of Built Wild 4×4 SUVs this summer. Ordering begins in March, exclusively for unscheduled order holders and unconverted reservation holders. Pricing will start at $53,000 plus $1,495 destination and delivery charges.
Source: The Bronco Nation